345: “Vivid Visions” and 90-Day Sprints—Brandon’s Approach to Mobile Home Park Investing (and Life!)
Today, Brandon Turner’s on the other side of the microphone.
J and Carol Scott, co-hosts of the BiggerPockets Business Podcast, recently interviewed him… and the result was so epic we wanted to share it here, too!
In this episode, Brandon reveals why he chose mobile home park investing (hint: NOT necessarily because it’s the “best” investment) and describes the method his team used to get hundreds of pads under contract in just a few months. (It's an approach YOU can apply using the new BiggerPockets Intention Journal.)
But this show is about much more than real estate. It’s about avoiding that all-too-common pitfall where you set an ambitious goal only to see it buried under an avalanche of more urgent (but less important) responsibilities.
Brandon shares the tools he’s used to break that cycle and how he’s applied them to other challenges—like moving to Hawaii, improving his personal health, and spending more meaningful time with his family.
You’ll hear how Brandon’s first business venture failed, how he got into real estate investing for cash flow, and how he discovered a way to bring BIG value to BiggerPockets as Employee #2, despite not owning a computer the year before! Oh, and you’ll learn the meaning of “M.I.N.S.” and the role they play in moving your business forward (ESPECIALLY when the going gets tough).
Brandon also shares why writing out a “vivid vision” of your future might be the best thing you can do to move yourself closer to your ideal life; why he asks, “What would be awesome?” and then works backwards; and why he and his wife organize a goal-setting retreat together on the same day every year.
This is an amazing episode that lays out a battle plan for getting WAY more done while setting aside quality time for friends, family, and fun.
Download this one, and subscribe using your favorite podcast app so you won’t miss any future shows!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Brandon's mobile oil change business plan (that he didn't execute on)
- How he flipped a house and spent all the money
- Brandon's very first house hack
- How he “got into the business of collecting units” and quit his job
- How a cold email led to him working for BiggerPockets
- The strategy he used to write 50 blog posts in a year for BiggerPockets
- Brandon's thoughts on the path to 100 units
- Why you should ask yourself, “What would be awesome?”
- How to ask, “What if it was easy?” and work backwards toward your goal
- How to balance family life and health with business
- Why he chose mobile home park investing (hint: not because it’s the “best” asset)
- How to "have it all" (as long as you’re focused and tracking everything)
- Tips for setting goals as a couple
- How to identify the “Most Important Next Step” (M.I.N.S.) and then time block it
- The 90 Days of Intention Journal
- The importance of writing down goals every day
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast
- Smart Passive Income Blog
- Viper Chill
- Neil Patel
- BiggerPockets Podcast 230: Real Estate Investing as a Side Hustle with Grammy-Winning Producer Seth Mosley
- Music and Money Investor Group
- "Heartbeat" Music Video
- Brandon's Vivid Vision (photo)
- Tim Ferriss Show
- Full Circle Music
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- Josh Dorkin
- J Scott's Blog
- BiggerPockets Podcast 234: Tenants, Evictions, & The Dark Side of No Money Down with Ryan Murdock
- BiggerPockets Money Podcast
- Mindy Jensen
- Scott Trench
- David Greene
- Real Estate In Your Twenties
- BiggerPockets Bookstore