346: The One-Click Trap
We debate the dangers and advantages of one-click deployments. Then Dan from elementary OS shares an AppCenter for Everyone update.
Plus a big batch of feedback that kicks off some wide-ranging discussions.
Special Guests: Daniel Fore and Neal Gompa.
- FOSS Responders — COVID-19 is impacting the open source industry in many ways. If you or your community has been impacted, please let us know
- Seems that NVIDIA silently axed their GTC talk about Nouveau?
- Update: NVIDIA GTC 2020 Announcements Postponed Entirely
- Lemur Pro - System76
- Brunch with Brent: Stuart Langridge
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- FOSS Talk Live 2020 has been cancelled. — It seems very unlikely that London will be functioning by June so I have made this difficult call. I'm very sorry to anyone who has made travel and accommodation arrangements but I trust that everyone will understand why this had to be done.
- TXLF 2020 Rescheduled — Given the recommendations by public health officials, we have decided to not have Texas Linux Fest on May 2020 at the Palmer Events Center in Austin, TX. We are currently investigating opportunities to bring parts of Texas Linux Fest online.
- Unfilter is Back
- TurnKey GNU/Linux — a free Debian based library of system images that pre-integrates and polishes the best free software components into secure, easy to use solutions.
- Sandstorm — an open source project built by a community of volunteers with the goal of making it really easy to run open source web applications
- Bitnami Stack
- YunoHost — easily manage a server for your friends, association or enterprise.
- Dedicated Platform Package Manager — an easy way to install and manage server applications.
- Home Assistant Add-ons - Home Assistant
- Feedback: Backup software tips?
- Feedback: mac Apps and Little Snitch
- Little Snitch and the Deprecation of Kernel Extensions
- Feedback: Life at Microsoft
- Feedback: Mint Success
- Feedback: Mastodon
- Feedback: The Windows Burden