348: Full-Time Job, Full-Time Mom, and Full-Time Wealth From Rentals with Ashley Kehr
Today’s guest is proof rental property investing can be fun, rewarding, and—with the right systems in place—totally doable… even with a job and a family.
Ashley Kehr sits down with Brandon and David and shares some great advice for building a rental property portfolio without much hassle or headache! Ashley manages all her own rentals and discusses the top three apps she uses to do it with ease. She also shares how she structures her partnerships, how she pitches her deals, and how she’s finding deals in today’s hot market.
Ashley gives great advice for what most newbies get wrong about investing, which apps she uses to find off-market property owner info, and how she uses her children to help her find potential deals! Plus, you won’t want to miss how Ashley helped her sister buy a duplex (and spend just $45 a month to live there), as well as how she bought a property no one else wanted, pulled $6,000 more out of it than she put in, and created a cash flow of almost $1,000 a month!
Today’s show is fun, entertaining, and full of great advice for investors of all levels. Download this one today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- 3 apps Ashley uses to remove herself from the business
- How she uses technology to systemize her rural business
- How she structured her first partnerships (with ease!)
- Where she's finding deals
- How she used her current job and boss to get into investing
- What newbies get wrong about the reality of investing
- How she uses apps to find off-market deals
- Using her children to find deals while driving in the car (a fun family game!)
- How she helped her sister buy a duplex at 20 years old
- How she bought a property for each of her kids
- How she set it up to be paid off and refi-ed by college
- How she uses a commercial line of credit to borrow money to buy new properties
- How she finds properties on the MLS
- Why she always tells everyone she buys rental properties
- What her favorite parts of the business are
- How she bought a property no one else wanted for $35K, pulled out $6K more than she put in, and cash flows almost $1K/month
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Conference (Last Chance!)
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- BiggerPockets Instagram
- BiggerPockets Twitter Profile
- BiggerPockets Pro
- One Drive
- Google Drive
- Google Voice
- OnX Maps
- BiggerPockets Podcast 346: 34 Units & 6-Figure Wholesale Fees (at 20 Years Old!) with Josiah Pott
- BiggerPockets Podcast 234: Tenants, Evictions, & The Dark Side of No Money Down with Ryan Murdock
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show348