350: Focal Focus
The latest Ubuntu LTS is here, but does it live up to the hype? And how practical are the new ZFS features? We dig into the performance, security, and stability of Focal Fossa.
Plus our thoughts on the new KWin fork, if Bleachbit is safe, and a quick Fedora update.
Special Guests: Brent Gervais and Drew DeVore.
- Logging Into Linux With A 1930s Teletype
- TUXEDO Computers Launches A Power/Thermal Control Center For Their Linux Systems
- System76 Lemur Pro
- KDE’s window manager KWin gets forked with ‘KWinFT’ to accelerate the development and better Wayland
- BleachBit 4.0.0
- Fedora 32 Final is NO-GO
- Brunch with Brent: Sri Ramkrishna
- Linux Spotlight EP44 - Drew DeVore of Jupiter Broadcasting
- Linux Spotlight EP43 - An Interview with Tyler Brown longtime JB fan
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- Ubuntu 20.04 Flavours Hit Beta, But What’s New?
- Gnome 3.34 vs Gnome 3.36 Visual Comparison
- The ‘GameMode’ performance tool from Feral Interactive makes it into Ubuntu 20.04
- Ubuntu 20.04 and WSL 1 - WSL2 - Ubuntu Community Hub
- Ubuntu Server 20.04 CPU Security Mitigation Performance Impact
- Kernel 5.4: VirtIO-FS
- Grub boot menu bug
- Folder under applications menu doesn’t show text below last line of icons.
- Daniel Kerkow on Twitter: Migrating to a later LTS should be easily possible, so I would maybe stick to 18.04 for now if in doubt."
- pacat: Play back or record raw or encoded audio streams on a PulseAudio sound server
- 3mux: Imagine tmux with a smaller learning curve, i3-like keybindings, and more sane defaults.