351: Unlocking Greater Focus, Creativity, and Happiness Through “Stillness” with Ryan Holiday
Stop whatever you are doing and download this episode right now!
Today’s show is highly likely to change your life in ways you may not have even realized it needed changing! Brandon and David sit down for an amazing interview with Ryan Holiday, keynote speaker and bestselling author of Ego Is the Enemy, The Obstacle Is the Way, and Stillness Is the Key.
And Ryan does not disappoint! You will be blown away with his advice regarding how we talk ourselves into buying deals we know we shouldn’t, how he conducts cost/benefit analysis on different opportunities that come his way, and how he’s learned to avoid “success” when it will cost him more than it’s worth.
Ryan also shares some mind-blowing knowledge about why we make bad decisions; why working harder isn’t always better; and how to identify virtues or skills you are lacking in a given situation, so you can figure out the path to the result you want. In addition, he shares how he models himself after the best and brightest minds he knows, how he believes in the power of journaling, and how important it is to put your strongest energy into the pursuits that will yield the highest ROI.
This show is simply an incredible breakdown on human performance, goal setting/reaching, and using real estate to accomplish what really matters in life.
Download this one today and buckle your seat belt!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How to let your individual trials help you grow by how you respond
- How to recognize why you made bad decisions
- How to avoid worse decisions
- Why he invests in short-term rentals
- What he means by “stillness is the key”
- How to become something better
- Why “working harder” isn’t always the best answer
- How success can actually become a trap for us
- How our best ideas can come from time away to think
- How to model ourselves after the best, brightest, and most successful minds
- Why he believes so much about the power of journaling
- How to create routines that free your mind to reach new heights
- How to put your energy into efforts that lead to a better ROI on your time
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- Audible Trial
- BiggerPockets Podcast 330: How to Ditch Distractions and Get WAY More Done With Cal Newport
- American Apparel
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- BiggerPockets Instagram
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
Listen on BiggerPockets: http://biggerpockets.com/show351