354: From Rookie Mistakes to Syndicating BIG Deals with Nichole Stohler
From single family to multifamily to hotels!
On today’s show, Nichole Stohler sits down with Brandon and David and discusses her journey from purchasing a single family home to syndicating hotels! Nichole has a fascinating story that started with losing the first house she bought, grew into recommitting herself to learning the asset class of real estate, and ended with massive success through big deal syndications.
You’ll love the advice she shares about managing managers, scaling the right way, and dealing with tenants according to three irrefutable laws. She goes on to discuss keeping properties clean, choosing the right partners, and analyzing economic factors when choosing a hotel or apartment complex.
Nichole reveals tons of great tips when it comes to building wealth through various asset classes of real estate. This show has something for everyone!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Her 3 irrefutable rules for dealing with tenants
- How she scaled from SFH to multifamily and hotels
- How she manages her managers
- What she learned from her first deal that lost her money
- Why she committed to really learning the asset class of real estate
- Why having clean apartments is so important to tenant relations
- Why so many investors make the mistake of not focusing on asset management
- Why she turned to hotels when she couldn’t find anything in the multifamily space
- How the 1031 exchange impacted her capital gains and depreciation recapture
- Which economic drivers she looks for when choosing a property to buy
- What she’s learned about operating syndications in the hotel space
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Pro
- Email Us: email@example.com
- BiggerPockets Podcast 345: “Vivid Visions” and 90-Day Sprints—Brandon’s Approach to Mobile Home Park Investing (and Life!)
- BiggerPockets Events
- Jo Nesbo
- Camilla Läckberg
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
Check the full show notes on BiggerPockets: http://biggerpockets.com/show354