355: From Small-time Landlord to 1000+ Units Under Contract with Ryan "The Mercenary" Murdock
From Bangor, Maine to Maui... by providing massive value!
If you’re looking for a mentor, partner, or lender, this episode is for you. You’ll learn how Ryan Murdock went from small-time landlord/property manager to major player in Brandon’s growing mobile home park empire; how he’s the perfect complement to Brandon’s DISC profile; and how they find, underwrite, and finance multi-million dollar deals.
Ryan is a modest, down-to-earth guy with a keen awareness of his own strengths and weaknesses, and this episode will show you how you can develop that quality to find the right partner and level up your business (and life!).
Don’t miss this one, and subscribe to the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast so you won’t miss out next week!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Brandon and Ryan met
- What Ryan did that caused Brandon to pump his brakes and start paying attention
- How they slowly formed what became one of the most dynamic duos in real estate
- The attitude Ryan embraces that makes him so valuable
- How he earned an equity stake in a huge company
- How they’ve hired additional members to help grow the business
- Learn how to create the “vivid vision” Brandon came up with
- How they joined forces to create “rocket fuel” and scale their syndication model
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Events
- BiggerPockets Bookstore
- BiggerPockets Podcast 234: Tenants, Evictions, & The Dark Side of No Money Down with Ryan Murdock
- Dave Van Horn – MidWest Real Estate Networking Summit
- Darren Sager's BiggerPockets Profile
- BiggerPockets Money
- Mindy Jensen's BiggerPockets Profile
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast 16: Mastering Cash Flow and Finding Riches in “Headache” Jobs with 3Point Cleaning CEO Jesse McCue
- Meet Property Management Extraordinaire, RE Investor & Hotel Owner Jesse McCue
- BiggerPockets Business Podcast 18: How to “Have It All” by Living with Intention with Brandon Turner
- BiggerPockets Podcast 126: From 0 to 400+ Units Through Value-Add Investing with Brian Murray
- BiggerPockets Podcast 212: Buying a 115-Unit Apartment Complex for No Cash Out of Pocket with Brian Murray
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
Listen on BiggerPockets: https://www.biggerpockets.com/show355