357: $6M Portfolio Before Age 30 by Finding "Problem" Properties with "Meet Kevin" Paffrath
YouTube sensation alert!
On today’s show, Brandon and David sit down with real estate investor and agent Kevin Paffrath of “Meet Kevin” on YouTube.
Kevin is young and doing great with real estate from several angles! He's built millions of dollars in wealth through single family properties in Southern California and shares some fantastic advice that will help you do the same.
You will love his advice regarding what he looks for in rehabs, what he avoids, and how he LOVES finding properties with problems! He also discusses how he found a deal holding an open house, how he avoids paying taxes on his profits, and how he was able to buy a house with his girlfriend while working at Jamba Juice!
This episode is high-energy, fun, and full of great practical advice for newbies and experienced investors alike.
In This Episode We Cover:
- Buying his first property while working at Jamba Juice
- How he bought with PMI, then removed it later
- Why he invests as an agent
- Why he tracks his net worth
- Common problems that prevent investors from building wealth
- Buying the majority of his properties from the MLS
- How he talks to other agents to get deals sent to him
- Finding a deal while holding an open house
- Why buying SFR to build equity then exchanging into multifamily is a great strategy
- Avoiding paying taxes
- Looking where others aren’t for deals
- How he still buys homes that get multiple offers
- Why he DOESN'T want cash flow right now
- A walk through of his latest rental
- Attracting quality tenants
- The best kind of relationship with real estate agents
- The problems he avoids in rehabs
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Pro
- Email: email@example.com
- David's Instagram
- Brandon's Instagram
- BiggerPockets Podcast 108: Building a $350 Million Real Estate Empire Using the 10X Rule with Grant Cardone
- BiggerPockets Youtube
- BiggerPockets Meetup
- BiggerPockets Webinar Replay
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show357