363: How to Work (Way) Less but Accomplish (Way) More in 2020 with Michael Hyatt
Will 2020 be your best year ever?
Today’s episode has all the ingredients to make the answer a big, resounding “Yes!”
Bestselling author and productivity expert Michael Hyatt is here, and he guides us through how real estate investors should approach the year ahead.
You’ll love hearing how Michael’s eliminated virtually everything except his three highest-leverage, revenue-generating activities; how to steer clear of what he calls “drudgery zone” work; and how to find someone who actually enjoys those tasks you can’t stand doing.
And if you’re thinking, “Well, I’m not ready for that yet…” Michael has tips for how to get started by delegating just one task.
Michael has written extensively about three topics that touch every real estate investor: productivity (Free to Focus), goal-setting (Your Best Year Ever), and delegation (Your World-Class Assistant). Today, we cover them all in-depth.
So download this episode, make sure you’re subscribed to the BiggerPockets Real Estate Podcast, and start 2020 right!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Michael grew his company in a year while taking 162 days off per year
- How “vague aspirations” set you up for failure
- Why you’re 42% more likely to achieve your goals if you write them down
- Why you shouldn’t have more than 3 goals at once
- The keys to hiring a world-class executive assistant
- The importance of a detailed, well-thought-out job description
- The right way to document workflows
- How to focus on your “Desire Zone”
- How to offload tasks in the “Drudgery Zone”
- The difference between goals and projects
- Why he hired a world-class coach to teach him an obscure hobby
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Podcast 230: Real Estate Investing as a Side Hustle with Grammy-Winning Producer Seth Mosley
- BiggerPockets Podcast 117: Maximizing Productivity to Get Things Done with David Allen
- BiggerPockets Podcast 315: How to Read Human Nature to Succeed in Life with Bestselling Author Robert Greene
- Tucker Max
- BiggerPockets Podcast 245: Creating Wealth that Lasts Generations with Bestselling Author Ryan Holiday
- BiggerPockets Pro
- BiggerPockets Podcast 125: The Key to Business Success with Bestselling Author of The E-Myth Michael Gerber
- BiggerPockets Podcast 330: How to Ditch Distractions and Get WAY More Done With Cal Newport
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- How to Make 2020 Your Best Real Estate Year Ever Webinar
Check the full show notes here: http://biggerpockets.com/show363