364: Ronsley Vaz | The Psychology of Entrepreneurship
Ronsley Vaz is a fellow podcaster who runs the podcast conference "We Are Podcast" and one of the largest audio marketing agencies in the world. He helps clients produce high-quality, marketing-focused audio content. We discuss the psychology of entrepreneurship, and mental health for entrepreneurs, and a variety of topics around podcasting.
- What Ronsley has been up to, and current projects.
- Using what you are passionate about to create content
- The importance of mental health for entrepreneurs.
- The effect of social media on mental health.
- What might surprise you when discussing psychology with entrepreneurs.
- Navigating the line between "be ok with who you are" and "need to improve yourself."
- The need to focus on the day to day development vs. the destination.
- The detriment of the "destination mindset."
- The key indicators that you need to "take a step back" and re-evaluate.
- How busyness gets in the way of allowing for our personal needs.
- Confirmation bias: the best way to lose yourself.
- The moment Ronsley realized he was doing the right thing.
- The top skills every podcaster needs to be successful.
- Empathy: the missing piece of all relationships.
- Who you know or what you know? Both: what you know can influence who you know, and vice versa.
- The Random Round: a quick-hit question and answer session.
3 Key Points:
- Entrepreneurs are uniquely positioned with skills and challenges that require extensive work to create a healthy mental state.
- Focus your daily activities on what you need to do to be where you want to be.
- Spend the time necessary to just "be" and listen, so that you don't get lost in the noise of our world.
- “As entrepreneurs, we have different psychologies and different ways that make the noise inside our heads harder to deal with.” - Ronsley Vaz
- “The destination is only a result of the work you put in.” - Ronsley Vaz
- “If you squeeze an orange, you only get orange juice, you don't get apple juice. If you squeeze, what's inside you, comes out.” - Ronsley Vaz
- "The answers to our questions are already inside us, we've just got to get ourselves out of the way to listen." - Ronsley Vaz
- "As a podcast host, I think our job is to get someone's story." - Ronsley Vaz
- “The Psychology of Entrepreneurship” Podcast with Ronsley Vaz
- Ronsley Vaz’s Website
- Ronsley Vaz on LinkedIn
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Get the #1 online tool to make your business management quick and easy with Honeybook. Go to www.honeybook.com/travis to 50% off your first year!
- Download the Himalaya App in the<a... For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy