364 Road Trip 2023: La Pointe-Krebs House & Museum
The Mississippi Gulf Coast was the home of many different peoples, cultures, and empires during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. According to some historians, the Gulf Coast region may have been the most diverse region in early North America.
Matthew Powell, a historian of slavery and southern history and the Executive Director of the La Pointe-Krebs House & Museum in Pascagoula, Mississippi, joins us to investigate and explore the Mississippi Gulf Coast and a prominent family who has lived there since about 1718.
This episode originally posted as Episode 303.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/364
- Episode 037: Kathleen DuVal, Independence Lost
- Episode 167: Eberhard Faber, The Early History of New Orleans
- Episode 283: Anne Marie Lane Jonah, Acadie 300
- Episode 295: Ibrahima Seck, Whitney Plantation Museum
- Episode 298: Lindsey Shackenback Regele, Manufacturing Advantage
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Podcasts
- Amazon Music
- Ben Franklin's World iOS App
- Ben Franklin's World Android App