367: Emile Steenveld | How to Throw a Successful International Event
Emile Steenveld is an emotional intelligence coach, transformational speaker, and the founder of "Elevate." He has been coaching for close to a decade on how to break down inherent beliefs and old habits that sabotage growth and profitable results. He shares with us about how to throw a live event in another country, how crucial it is to overcome your own limiting beliefs, and why he chose his "unconventional" career path.
- Emile's background and journey into his current career path.
- From marketing to promotions: breaking out of the shell.
- The challenge of examining your limiting beliefs.
- How connecting with others leads to real relationships.
- Elevate events: a transformational experience.
- The #1 takeaway participants get from Elevate events.
- Defining values and how to do the work of discovering your values.
- 3 examples of value definition.
- Planning and logistics for live events, especially in other countries.
- Who you know or what you know? A combination: know your craft, but need to know how to build relationships.
- The Random Round: a quick-hit question and answer session.
3 Key Points:
- It's critical to be able to express your emotions fully and connect with those around you.
- Discovering your values is key to defining who you are and the "compass" for your life's direction.
- Make sure that you approach every day as an opportunity for building relationships and growth.
- “I didn't want people to see me or reject me, and I was always trying to get perfect.” - Emile Steenveld
- “When you're allowing someone to be fully seen, they show up differently.” - Emile Steenveld
- “You can't heal what you don't know is in the background.” - Emile Steenveld
- "Don't forget your values. You are what you value." - Emile Steenveld
- Emile Steenveld Website
- Emile Steenveld on Instagram
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com