372: Jefferson Bethke | To Hell With the Hustle
Jefferson Bethke is a bestselling author, and spoken word artist whose YouTube video, "Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus," has received over 33 million views since it was published in 2012. He has 700,000+ subscribers to his YouTube channel as well as a successful podcast.
- Jeff recounts his experience being a poor student in school and the way the education system was not built for everyone.
- Learn about the nature of virality and how Jeff created a viral video with 33 million views.
- Discover the importance of being on TikTok in 2020.
- Jeff and Travis unpack the dangers of "hustling."
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the writing process of Jeff's new book, To Hell with the Hustle.
3 Key Points:
- There are serious ramifications to how we've compartmentalized everything for the sake of efficiency.
- As a culture, we've forgotten the importance of rest.
- Whenever someone says a new social media platform is "just for kids" you should be on that platform immediately.
- “It's more natural to put your 10,000 hours in in obscurity, and then naturally you're very good at your craft once you start getting noticed." – Jefferson Bethke
- "Do what you actually love." – Jefferson Bethke
- "Where trying to answer the question, "who am I?" through work and that's a very dangerous situation." – Jefferson Bethke
- "If you're not paying for something, you're the product." – Jefferson Bethke
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com