372: Photo Therapy #20 - Overcoming Resistance: Finding Balance Between Self-Care and Discipline
In this episode of Photo Therapy, Natalie and Audrey explore the balance between self-care and pushing through resistance to achieve personal growth and progress. They discuss the challenges of modern life, finding motivation, and being in integrity with oneself while offering practical tips for taking small steps towards action and finding joy in mundane tasks. Natalie walks the listener through an extremely helpful “reverse fireworks” exercise. This episode is a must-listen for anyone looking to achieve a balanced and fulfilling life with insights on finding alignment, practicing discernment, and self-awareness. Whether you're struggling with finding motivation or just seeking inspiration, this conversation offers a roadmap for personal growth and progress.
- Achieving personal growth and progress requires a balance between self-care and pushing through resistance.
- The hosts discuss the challenges of modern life and how it can impact one's ability to push through resistance.
- Mental and physical illnesses can make it difficult to discern, and the need for seeking help and prioritizing self-care in those situations is emphasized.
- Being in alignment with oneself and following one's own path can make difficult tasks feel more manageable.
- Resistance can prevent people from taking action towards their goals or desires, and taking small steps towards action can inspire bigger steps.
- Finding balance between self-care and discipline, and between pursuing one's own path and engaging in mundane tasks, requires self-awareness, discernment, and discipline.
- Meeting resistance with gratitude and presence and recognizing the beauty in small tasks can help find joy in the day-to-day.
The Way of Integrity: Finding the Path to Your True Self by Martha Beck
The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
📸 Get a jump start growing your biz! My free guide outlines the 8 things you NEED to grow:
Amazing DEALS exclusively for the PBH fam from our brilliant sponsors!
⚡️Pic-Time: get a FREE BONUS month with code PHOTOBIZHELP
✨17Hats: take 50% off your first YEAR with code PHOTOBIZHELP
☀️ StudioQ: get 10% off any studio booking with code PHOTOBIZHELP
❤️SHARE THE LOVE❤️
Rate the PBH podcast here:
💙 Join our FB group HERE!
Get a 1:1 business Tarot reading at https://photobizhelp.com/tarot
Natalie is founder of Photo Business Help & a Minnesota-based portrait photographer. You can connect & learn all about her here:
Audrey is a Minnesota-based wedding & portrait photographer. You can see her amazing photos and learn all about her here:
Mentioned in this episode:
Sponsored by 17hats
This podcast uses the following third-party services for analysis:
Chartable - https://chartable.com/privacy