374: Darren Prince | Signing Magic Johnson as Your First Client
Darren Michael Prince (born February 6, 1970) is a sports and celebrity agent who grew up in Livingston, New Jersey. Prince started a mail order company selling baseball cards at the age of 14 called Baseball Card City and also traveled around the country doing trade shows. At the age of 20 he sold his company for $1.0M and formed Prince of Cards which became an industry leader in private autograph signings for sports and celebrity memorabilia with athletes and celebrities. In 1995 Prince started a new venture called Prince Marketing Group (PMG) which represented athletes and celebrities for marketing deals consisting of endorsements, licensing, TV, Movie, book deals, autograph signings and appearances. If you ask Prince his biggest and most important accomplishment he would tell you is being a recovering addict having celebrated 10 years sober and is a public recovery advocate and speaker who has appeared on Dr OZ. In 2018 Darren Prince released his memoir, Aiming High. Aiming High quickly became an International best seller in 4 countries and on October 6, 2018 made it to Amazon #1 new release list.
- Darren shares the story of orchestrating the historic meeting between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frasier.
- Learn how Darren sold a company for $1m as a teenager.
- Find out how crucial Magic Johnson was to Darren's career – and how they met in the first place.
3 Key Points:
- Understand the importance of self-worth.
- Set your ego aside.
- Prioritize authentic relationships.
- “Say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean."
- "Through my pain in life I found my purpose."
- "It's the people that are gonna get you places more than the education."
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com