38: Breastfeeding Basics
There is nothing really basic about breastfeeding. Although it is something many women do, it is not easy by any means.
Production, finding the right latch, and pain can all be common hurdles in establishing breastfeeding and enjoying the experience.
On this episode, I welcome Melissa Mancini (@more_than_milk on Instagram). She is a mother of two, registered nurse, and certified lactation consultant.
She answers breastfeeding and pumping questions such as:
- How can a mother best prepare herself postpartum for BF?
- What are some must haves for a mother who is choosing to BF?
- What is the physiology behind BF?
- Why does cluster feeding happen?
- What is better? Feeding on demand or feeding on a schedule?
- When can we introduce a pacifier?
- What are the biggest hurdles to establishing BF?
- What can a mother do about pain with BF?
- Are nipple shields okay?
- When should we incorporate pumping, especially if a mother is going back to work?
- How often should a mother pump?
- What is powerpumping?
Tune in to learn more about breastfeeding and pumping basics from Melissa!
Follow her at @more_than_milk to learn more about breastfeeding in a supportive and empowering way!