389: Better Design Reviews
This week, we talk about how to have better design reviews. Who, what, where, and when? We share our experiences, and frustrations, with certain formats and processes. In The Sidebar, we try to answer the question: WTF is up with NFTs?
Golden Ratio Supporter:
A huge shoutout to Mailbrew for supporting the show this week! Mailbrew is a personal daily digest for all the stuff you care about on the internet. We love it for delivering the top links and top tweets shared by the people we follow on Twitter, reducing FOMO and cutting down on social media time.
Get started with a free trial, no credit card required, at https://mailbrew.com/dd. If you subscribe after the trial, you’ll save 30% on your first year’s subscription.
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Gábor Juhász
- Kateřina Bruzlová
- Kim Røen
- Rod Blackney
- Jerel Johnson (machinic)
- Aashrey Sharma
- Raffaele Vitale ?
- Natalie Lee
- Catalina de León Belloc
- John Rim
- Ariel Chu
- Cristiano Luís
- Alvin Goh
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to the bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
This week, Clooks asks on GitHub:
- What does your design review process look like?
- What should a design review be and what shouldn't it be (what should be broken out into a different forum)?
- What are some helpful tips for remote facilitation to make design reviews fun, collaborative, and productive?
- Brian shared MusicalBasics, a YouTube channel with a ton of fun and interesting content around music composition and experimentation. In particular, the playlist about time boxed compositions is very fun to watch.
- Marshall shared two “reacting to movies” YouTube channels: Natalie Gold and Shanelle Riccio. Watching friends watch the movies we love is just so delightful.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes