389: Mailbag of Pronouns
Again we open the Mailbag and answer our listeners' questions.
- What do lisps sound like in languages without the 'th' sound?
- How do gender-neutral terms work in languages with gendered pronouns?
- Do languages get more efficient over time?
- 'One-third' looks like 'three', so why doesn't 'half' look like 'two'?
- Does any poetic meter mimic the "natural rhythm" of human speech?
- How do children acquire humour?
All on this episode of Talk the Talk.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store