#390: Gil Carvalho MD, PhD – Dairy, Olive Oil & Diet Debates: Understanding Evidence
Gil Carvalho, MD PhD is a medical doctor, research scientist, science communicator. Dr. Carvalho trained as a medical doctor in the University of Lisbon, in his native Portugal, and later obtained a PhD in Biology from Caltech (California Institute of Technology). He has published peer-reviewed medical research spanning the fields of genetics, molecular biology, nutrition, behaviour, aging and neuroscience.
In this episode we discuss:
- Dairy: is it over-emphasized in the Dietary Guidelines for Americans?
- Dairy tolerance
- Critical importance of substitution effects
- Differences between difference types of dairy on health
- Claims by some WFPB advocates that olive oil can negatively impact endothethial function
- Distinguishing between acute and chronic effects
- Gil's work with Antonio Damasio on feelings
Show notes: https://sigmanutrition.com/episode190
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store