392: Dad's Deployments
Which distro is best for friends and family? We have a unique take on this common question.
Plus new insights into the future of CentOS, and Chris falls in love with a 14-inch screamer.
Special Guest: Carl George.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Datadog: Datadog - the unified monitoring and analytics platform for comprehensive visibility into cloud, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- The unanswered question at CentOS community Q&A: How can we trust you now? — The CentOS board conducted a public Q&A just ahead of last week's FOSDEM 2021 open source conference – and there was an awkward silence when someone asked whether changing the end-of-life (EOL) date for a released project is something that might happen again.
- Events/Dojo/FOSDEM2021 - CentOS Wiki
- CentOS Dojo 2021: Board of Directors - YouTube
- Ubuntu Backports a Major App Update to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS — Ubuntu 20.04 LTS shipped with Thunderbird 68.x but this version is no longer supported upstream. This leaves Ubuntu developers will a problem: backport individual security fixes to Thunderbird 68, or port the newer (and still-supported) Thunderbird 78 to LTS users?
- Subscribe to Coder Radio
- Jupiter Broadcasting Telegram Channel
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- EndeavourOS Issues First 2021 Release For Easy-To-Use Arch-Based Linux Distro — For those that have been meaning to try out an Arch Linux based distribution that is easy-to-use and not time consuming with sensible defaults, EndeavourOS is out with its first new spin since 2021 -- and in fact their first fresh ISO release since September.
- Our first release of 2021 has arrived – EndeavourOS
- ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Ultra-Slim Gaming Laptop
- Linux on Laptops: ASUS Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen 9 4900HS | Ars Technica
- AUR: snap-pac-grub — Pacman hook to update GRUB entries for grub-btrfs after snap-pac made snapshots.
- Feedback: Browser Sync
- xBrowserSync — Browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free!
- Feedback: Gaming on Wayland
- A free, open-source future for Mailspring - Information - Mailspring Community — Today, I am excited to announce that I am open-sourcing mailsync - the C++11 core of Mailspring that performs email sync - under the same GPLv3 license used by the rest of the app, making Mailspring entirely free software.
- Pick: ht — Yet another HTTPie clone, written in Rust.
- PIck: fddf — Fast data dupe finder, written in Rust.
- Pick: bottom — Yet another cross-platform graphical process/system monitor, written in Rust.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store