393: The Not-So-Humble Button
This week, we talk about the hidden complexities of a designer’s favorite element: the button. In the Sidebar, we examine interfaces that defer moderation responsibilities onto the end user.
Golden Ratio Supporter:
Thank you to Around, a better way to video call. The product is designed specifically to make it easier to gather small groups to collaborate in real time, without all the distracting and frustrating interfaces that comes with most video chat software. We love the small floating heads and emphasis on making it easy to work alongside the video call, rather than constantly having to app switch.
You can get started for free by signing up at Around.co!
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Miko Castillo (not Michael)
- Dym Sohin
- Bradford Ulrich
- Skye Jones
- NLP Studio
- Reginald Curtis
- Alec Davy
- Al Power
- Liam Liu
- Axel Kheddache
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
This week we talk about the intricacies, details, and complexities of the designer’s favorite element: the button.
- Starting points for the psychology for rounding corners:
- Lickable buttons
- Brian shared Godzilla vs. Kong. Monke punch lizerd.
- Marshall shared Brandon Sanderson, the author of the Mistborn Trilogy, Warbreaker, Stormlight Archive, and more.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes