396: Dr. Anders Ericsson | Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
Before passing away earlier this year, Dr. Anders Ericsson was the cognitive psychologist who discovered that deliberate practice, not natural talent, is the key to developing expertise. He was the co-author of Peak: Secrets From The New Science Of Expertise.
What We Discuss with Dr. Anders Ericsson:
- Why innate talent is a myth.
- How to set up a deliberate practice regimen to become more effective at anything you do.
- The truth about the 10,000-hour rule to mastery popularized by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Why “try differently” is a better recipe for success than “try harder.”
- Contrary to what was once believed, the brain can be rewired to excel toward a specific goal at any age with the proper training.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/396
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!