397: My Future vs. My Special Needs Sister | Feedback Friday
You've been helping your single mom care for your special needs sister for 19 years, but you're 24 now and need to set out on your own life. How do you cope with the guilt you're feeling for putting your needs first for perhaps the first time, ever? We'll tackle this and more here on Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/397
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- You've been helping your single mom care for your special needs sister for 19 years, but you're 24 now and need to set out on your own life. How do you cope with the guilt you're feeling for putting your needs first for perhaps the first time, ever?
- As a skillful, reliable contractor who has worked on an as-needed basis with several companies for six years, how do you ask for a raise without making it seem like an ultimatum?
- Is it possible to maintain friendships with people you've known your whole life but who differ from you not only in matters of opinion and lifestyle choices, but core values?
- You're at a point in your career where you want to focus on your target market, but you don't want your peers to think you're brushing your rejects off on them. When you're in a small industry where word travels fast, how do you nicely decline to work with someone?
- You've applied for a job that seems like a great fit, but you're concerned your criminal record might be an issue during the interview in spite of having drastically turned your life around. Should you bring it up first, and if so, how?
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Gabriel on Twitter at @GabeMizrahi.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!