398: Proof of Curiosity
This week, we dig into two frameworks for leveling up at work: Proof of Curiosity and The Helpful Hierarchy. Whether you’re looking for more accountability, want to stand out in a job interview, or just want to be more intentional with your professional growth, we think these frameworks will help.
Golden Ratio Supporter:
Around is a better way to video call. It’s designed specifically to make it easier to gather small groups together to collaborate in real time, without all the distracting and frustrating interfaces that comes with most video chat software. We love the small floating heads and emphasis on making it easy to work alongside the video call, rather than constantly having to app switch.
You can get started for free by signing up at Around.co!
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Mark Huser
- Francis Cortez
- Frederik Rømming
- Ethan Machado
- Ludens Tran
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
- Online workout trainer alternatives:
- Uhl Albert tweeted: TIL: "Elephant paths" is another term for desire paths or desire lines.
- Maximillian Piras tweeted: Although the mature product distinction does bring to my mind the Innovator’s Dilemma of being held hostage by your users’ feedback & what have you.
This week we talk about how to stand out as a designer, centering on a WIP idea we’re calling proof of curiosity.
- Neil Sardesai is a great example of demonstrating a proof of curiosity on Twitter.
- Learn more about learning in public from Shawn Wang.
- Brian shared Paddington, just a wholesome, lovely movie that we finally watched together this past week. Part 2 to follow, we hear great things.
- Marshall shared Fist to Five, a technique for quickly getting feedback or gauging consensus during a meeting.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes