4 | The Horrific Lake Bodom Murders
Pack your tent and sleeping bag, because in this episode we’re going to spend a night on the shores of Lake Bodom, the scene of one of Finland’s most famous unsolved murder cases. But it’s not the rustling leaves or the hoot of an owl that you should fear, as a vicious killer stalks the campsite. You’d better leave your flashlight switched on…
Thanks for listening! Here’s how you can get in touch with comments and suggestions:
If you enjoyed the show, please consider supporting Prash’s Murder Map on Patreon; take a look at the rewards on offer for as little as $1 a month.
Donate on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/prashsmurdermap
Research, writing, narration and audio arrangement by Prash
Character Voices: Simon Hensby, Ian and Jurgen.
Translations from Finnish to English by my friend Marcus who burnt the midnight oil to transcribe everything I threw at him including audio and video interviews. Thank you Marcus!
True Crime Finland https://truecrimefinland.squarespace.com/
"Heartbreaking" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0
- “Archaeology students plan dig at Lake Bodom murder site,” https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/archaeology_students_plan_dig_at_lake_bodom_murder_site/10780763
- IncapableofGuile; “The Lake Bodom Murders,” April 2015, https://imgur.com/gallery/ToNes
- “Lake Bodom murders” https://solvedandunsolvedcrimes.wordpress.com/2019/08/11/lake-bodom-murders-1960/
- Lahettananyt T.K., “Case- Bodomjarven Murhat 1960”, http://rikos-uutiset.blogspot.com/2016/07/case-bodomjarven-murhat-1960.html
- Serena, Katie; “The Lake Bodom Murders: Finland’s Most Famous Unsolved Triple Homicide”, August 2019 https://allthatsinteresting.com/lake-bodom-murders
- Yle Uutisten artikkeliarkisto, “Suspect in 1960 murder case pleads innocence,” June 2008, https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-5156265