#4 - Dr Tanveer Ahmed: The Medicalisation of Experience
Dr Tanveer Ahmed is a psychiatrist, author and columnist.
Tanveer works in the public, private and forensic sectors. He has served on local government, the government advisory body called the Australia Multicultural Council, the Advertising Standards Board and as a Governor of the Smith Family. His 2 books Fragile Nation and In Defence Of Shame examine the rise of mental health conditions and explore the complexity of mental distress. He was previously chosen by a Prime Minister's committee as one of a hundred future leaders of Australia.
- The balance of health and economics in a pandemic
- The medicalisation of experience
- The 3 disciplines of mental health
- The primitive "lizard" brain
- Unending novelty exploiting primitive circuits
- Modern masculinity
- Psychedelic therapies
- "Shaking up" rigid circuits with psychedelic therapy
Support the podcast:
Support the mission:
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/mind-medicine-australia.