4 steps to emotional agility with bestselling author Susan David
Today we welcome Susan David, Ph.D., author of world-renowned ‘Emotional Agility’ and an award-winning Harvard Medical School psychologist. In this interview, Vishen and Dr. David show us how anyone can thrive in an uncertain world by becoming more emotionally agile. This serves as a roadmap for real behavioral change—a new way of acting that will help you to reincorporate your most troubling feelings as a source of energy and creativity and live the life you want.
Listen out for:
- The 5 emotions we carry with us, their purpose, and their gifts.
- How our emotions signal our needs.
- The distinction between contempt and anger or hatred.
- The importance of labeling your emotions accurately and dealing with all emotions in healthy ways.
ABOUT SUSAN DAVID
Susan David, Ph.D. is one of the world’s leading management thinkers and an award-winning Harvard Medical School psychologist. Her #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling book, Emotional Agility was heralded as Harvard Business Review’s Management Idea of the Year and Thinkers 50 Breakthrough Idea Awarddescribes the process of navigating life’s twists and turns through the lens of our inner world, as well as the psychological skills critical to thriving in times of complexity and change. Susan’s TED Talk on the topic of emotional agility has been seen by more than 8 million people. She is a frequent contributor to the New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and a guest on national radio and television. Named on the Thinkers50 global list of the top management thinkers, Susan is a sought-after keynote speaker and advisor, which includes the World Economic Forum, EY, United Nations, Google, Microsoft, NASDAQ, and many other national and multinational organizations. She is on the faculty at Harvard Medical School and is a Co-founder of the Institute of Coaching (a Harvard Medical School/McLean affiliate).
- Find out more about Susan David here 👉 https://www.susandavid.com/
- Watch Susan’s Ted Talk here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/6koPm_XT
- Free Emotional Agility Quiz 👉 http://go.evercoach.com/Fsm3pGGZ
- Find Susan’s podcast here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/vRIoQwSO
- Get your own copy of Susan’s book here 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/5mpcAe4q
- Subscribe to Mindvalley Membership to discover 60+ Mindvalley Quests, watch our podcast sessions live, interact with the guests, connect with the world’s best teachers, and find your community 👉 https://go.mindvalley.com/NOW
Like this episode?