#40 - Data-Driven DevOps with Launchable - Kohsuke Kawaguchi
“By and large, the way people put together the delivery process is by gut and instinct. The next step up from there is to use the data that comes out of your system to help you make the right decisions. When I say data-driven DevOps, don’t rely on this human experience, and let the system tell you. We should be able to find that kind of information from data."
Kohsuke Kawaguchi is widely known as the creator of Jenkins and currently is the co-CEO & co-founder of Launchable. In this episode, Kohsuke shared about data-driven DevOps, developers productivity, the future of software testing, and why he created Launchable to help us move closer to achieve those. And in the beginning of the episode, Kohsuke shared his story on how he created Hudson during his time at Sun Microsystems, which eventually led to become Jenkins, the most popular open-source CI/CD tool used by millions.
Listen out for:
- Career Journey - [00:05:24 ]
- Hudson/Jenkins Story - [00:07:30 ]
- Current CI/CD Landscape - [00:12:18 ]
- Developer Productivity - [00:15:04 ]
- Improving Our Productivity - [00:17:06 ]
- Launchable - [00:21:06 ]
- Launchable Customer Story - [00:33:54 ]
- Future of Software Testing - [00:37:13 ]
- Data-Driven DevOps - [00:40:41 ]
- Running Launchable - [00:44:09 ]
- 3 Tech Lead Wisdom - [00:45:14 ]
Kohsuke Kawaguchi’s Bio
Kohsuke is the co-CEO & co-founder of Launchable. He is passionate about developer productivity. He created Jenkins, the most popular open-source CI/CD system used by millions. As CTO of CloudBees, he helped CloudBees go from <10 to 400+.
Kohsuke has received the O’Reilly Open-source Award, JavaOne Rockstar, Japan OSS Contributor Award, and Rakuten Technology Award.
- Website – https://kohsuke.org/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/kohsukekawa
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kohsukekawaguchi/
- Launchable – https://www.launchableinc.com/
Are you looking for a new cool swag?
Tech Lead Journal now offers you some swags that you can purchase online.
These swags are printed on-demand based on your preference, and will be delivered safely to you all over the world where shipping is available.
Check out all the cool swags by visiting https://techleadjournal.dev/shop.
Like this episode?
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app and submit your feedback.
Follow @techleadjournal on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Pledge your support by becoming a patron.
For more info about the episode (including quotes and transcript), visit techleadjournal.dev/episodes/40.