400: Is Software Ever Finished?
This week, we try to answer a simple question: is software ever finished? In The Sidebar, we talk money: compounding, investing, negotiating, planning, and more.
Golden Ratio Supporter:
Around is a better way to video call. It’s designed specifically to make it easier to gather small groups together to collaborate in real time, without all the distracting and frustrating interfaces that comes with most video chat software. We love the small floating heads and emphasis on making it easy to work alongside the video call, rather than constantly having to app switch.
You can get started for free by signing up at Around.co!
Latest VIP Patrons:
- Uhl Albert
- Erol Mujak
- Carlos Salazar
- Tony He
- Crys FM
The Sidebar is an exclusive weekly segment for our Patreon supporters. You can subscribe starting at $1 per month for access to bonus content going forward! Sign up at patreon.com/designdetails.
This week, Graham Connell tweets: can software ever be finished? Most products these days get new features and keep evolving, but I can think of several examples where continual change isn’t always good/necessary. Curious to know your thoughts on this.
- Brian shared Project Hail Mary, the latest sci-fi novel from Andy Weir, author of The Martian. We both read and finished this at the same time, and absolutely loved the story. The audio version is a strong recommendation!
- Marshall shared Homebridge on Raspberry Pi, powered by CanaKit Raspberry Pi and homebridge-raspbian-image.
Design Details on the Web:
- 📻 We are @designdetailsfm
- 🙌 Support us on Patreon - your support literally makes this show possible. Thank you ❤️
- ❓ Got a question? Ask it on our Listener Questions Hub, and we'll do our best to answer it on the show :)
- ⭐️ Enjoying the show? Leave us a review on iTunes.