401: Robert Wittman | The Undercover Hunt for Stolen Art
Robert Wittman (@robertwittman) is the former senior investigator/creator of the FBI's national art crime team and author of Priceless: How I Went Undercover to Rescue the World's Stolen Treasures.
What We Discuss with Robert Wittman:
- Why criminal and terrorist organizations find art less risky to smuggle than contraband like cash, drugs, or guns.
- The three things that make an art piece valuable: provenance, authenticity, and good title.
- Why the US has only relatively recently begun to take art crime seriously, whereas Italy's art crime team has a freaking submarine!
- Simple but effective tactics for remaining undercover without arousing suspicion from the targets.
- Why losing his fear instinct was a clear signal for Robert to retire from undercover work for good.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/401
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!