406: Mars Goes to Shell
Tim Canham, Mars Helicopter Operations Lead at NASA’s JPL joins us again to share technical details you've never heard about the Ingenuity Linux Copter on Mars. And the challenges they had to work around to achieve their five successful flights.
Special Guest: Tim Canham.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- MailRoute: Try out MailRoute today and get 10% off the lifetime of your account and start with a 30-day free trial, no credit card required.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Succeeds in Historic First Flight — NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter became the first aircraft in history to make a powered, controlled flight on another planet.
- NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Completes First One-Way Trip
- NASA’s Mars helicopter Ingenuity lands at new airfield after 5th flight
- NASA’s Perseverance Captures Video, Audio of Fourth Ingenuity Flight
- Ingenuity Helicopter Operational History — Ingenuity's fifth flight succeeded on May 7, 2021, 19:26 UTC, lasting 108 seconds. Ingenuity went 5 meters (16 ft) high, just like the last three flights, and traveled to a landing site 131 meters (429 ft) to the south.
- Seeing NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter Fly in 3D
- Ingenuity Spots Perseverance From the Air — NASA’s Perseverance Mars rover is visible in the upper left corner of this image the agency’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter took during its third flight, on April 25, 2021. The helicopter was flying at an altitude of 16 feet (5 meters) and roughly 279 feet (85 meters) from the rover at the time.
- JB Telegram Group
- Linux Flies on Mars Sticker
- Some PeerTube Problems — For now, we plan to keep testing PeerTube behined the scenes, trying out the new releases, and searching for ways to automate deploying content to PeerTube.
- Pick: Finamp — Finamp is a music player for Jellyfin. Its main feature is the ability to download songs for offline listening.
- [GitHub] finamp: A Jellyfin music client for mobile
- Plexamp - Love your music! — A beautiful Plex music player for audiophiles, curators, and hipsters.
- Plexamp Release Notes
- plexamp on AppImageHub
- Welcoming Linux to the 1Password Family — The wait is over. 1Password for Linux is officially here.
- Behind the scenes of 1Password for Linux by Dave Teare — What makes this release even more amazing is it was created from scratch and developed using new languages and techniques most of our team never used before.