408: Deep Diving The Notebook
In this episode, we share a Cinema Sidepiece, as we deep dive into the greatest love propaganda movie of all time, The Notebook. We discuss young love, Team Lon vs. Team Noah, and wonder, now that we’re 17 years older since we first saw The Notebook, if Allie’s mom wasn’t so bad after all.
- The Bible Binge does Sacred Cinema in our Bible Binge Seminary, and we just wrapped Harry Potter! Join us for $5 and get all of these in our archives.
- IMDb: The Notebook (2004), starring Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling | stream on HBO Max
- Nostalgia: see the top movies in 2004
- Read: Ryan Gosling Wanted To Kick Rachel McAdams Off The Notebook Set And More You Didn’t Know About The Film (via VH1)
- Compare: Foghorn Leghorn v. Allie’s dad
- Lon Hammond Fanclub: watch all of James Marsden’s big scenes in The Notebook
- Rank: Allie and Noah’s kiss or Rachel and Ryan’s kiss
- Oh, yeah… Martha
- Want more? Nicholas Sparks wrote a sequel to The Notebook, called The Wedding.
THE BACHELORETTE EPISODE RECAPS
We recap each episode of The Bachelorette for our Friends of the Show at Patreon. Support at either Friend level gets you our weekly recaps dropped into your podcast app every Tuesday. Go to knoxandjamie.com/patreon to support the show. And thank you!
Our Patreon supporters can get full access to this week’s The More You Know news segment. Become a partner. This week we discussed:
- BetterHelp: Therapy, made accessible. Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/popcast.
- Function of Beauty: Get personalized hair care for 20% off your first order at FunctionofBeauty.com/pop.
- Best Fiends: Download Best Fiends FREE today on the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter: knoxandjamie.com/newsletter