415: David Priemer | Conversation with the Sales Professor
David Priemer is widely recognized as a thought leader in the area of sales and sales leadership and has been published in the Harvard Business Review as well as Forbes, Entrepreneur, and Inc. magazines. He is also the author of the Bestselling book, Sell The Way You Buy. From his early days tinkering with test tubes and differential equations as an award-winning research scientist to leading top-performing sales teams at high-growth technology startups, David's lifelong passion for learning and execution is the foundation of his Cerebral Selling practice. Often referred to as the "Sales Professor", David helps organizations drive revenue growth, people development, and winning cultures by infusing the core principles of science, empathy, and execution into their sales operations.
Previously David held several executive leadership positions at leading technology companies including Salesforce, where he was the Vice President of Commercial Sales and creator of the Sales Leadership Academy program. He is also an Adjunct Professor at the Smith School of Business at Queen's University.
David holds a B.Sc. in Chemistry and Atmospheric Science from York University and a Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Toronto. When he's not thinking about Sales, David loves to cook, write, and spend quality family time with his wife and three daughters.
- David shares about growing up in Toronto and playing hockey.
- Learn how he went from being a research scientist to becoming a sales engineer.
- Travis and David discuss the timing of a good pivot.
- Discover how to weigh risk versus reward.
3 Key Points:
- There’s never going to be a right time to pivot.
- The cost of failure is usually less than you think it is.
- It doesn’t help you to know people if you aren’t known for anything.
- “When you do things that other people won’t do…that’s where the magic lives.” – David Priemer
- “Careers are hard to architect.” – David Priemer
- “Great sellers sell the way they buy.” – David Priemer
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group
- If you want to amplify your network... For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy