416: A Squishy for the Ages
DISCUSSED: Merlin is living the Domino lifestyle; R.I.P. Two Cats Comics; praise for iA Writer; Merlin needs help with his sudden Gmail spam; a meditation on comics as some awesome fun and an ugly damned business; nostalgia for hobby shops and Expedition to the Barrier Peaks; and finally Merlin reintroduces the concept of "Power Puttering."
Links for this episode:
- Ungainly X-Mann Meetup #25 — Merlin Mann
Friend, it’s time for this epic arc to come to its conclusion. After five years, twenty-five meet-ups, and countless new friends made and awesome comics recommended, this will be our last Ungainly X-Mann Meetup with our dear friends at Two Cats Comics Three-Twenty West Portal Avenue. My all-time favorite comic shop will be closing for good on March 26th.
- Amazon.com: AIKEMI Easter Cute Pig Squishy Slow Rising Soft Scented Animal Long Eyelashes Stress Relief Baby Toys Gifts: Toys & Games
- iA Writer: The Focused Writing App for Mac, Windows, Android, iPhone and iPad
- Ep. 326: "The Cat and the Kettle" - Roderick on the Line - Merlin Mann
The Problem: John could funny crash.
- 5by5 | Back to Work #344: The Microwave Moment
- Dude smokes the world's hottest pepper(Carolina Reaper) : HadToHurt
- Brave man vapes a Carolina Reaper, the world's hottest pepper - YouTube
- Domino (comics) - Wikipedia
In addition to her exceptional marksmanship and hand-to-hand skills, Domino possesses mutant probability-altering powers, similar to those of the mutant Longshot.
- Domino (Neena Thurman) | Characters | Marvel
Given good luck thanks to her powers, Neena Thurman has served as both a dangerous mercenary and a tough and resilient hero.
- Domino | Comics | Marvel.com
Domino’s “good luck” powers activate, she escapes and takes up the life of a mercenary and eventually becomes a super hero as a mainstay member of X-Force.
- "One Last Time" - Hamilton At The White House #ObamaLegacy - YouTube
- Expedition to the Barrier Peaks - Wikipedia
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks is a 1980 adventure module for the Dungeons
- Reconcilable Differences #97: Invisible Work - Relay FM
This week's sprawling main topic is "Emotional Labor." Why is it that women usually get saddled with being the Office Mom (as well as the "House Mom"), and why the heck doesn't Ralphie's dad help Randy put on his snowsuit? Who ends up ordering the birthday cake as well as justifying the ways of boss to employee? Further, how do we account for the tonnage of invisible work that, by custom more than policy, some people end up having to both identify and do?
- Amazon.com : Kershaw Clash Black Serrated Pocket Knife (1605CKTST) 3.1" Stainless Steel Blade with Black-Oxide Coating; Glass-Filled Nylon Handle with SpeedSafe Open, Locking Liner and Reversible Pocketclip; 4.3oz : Hunting Knives : Sports & Outdoors