416: John Perkins | New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
John Perkins (@jperkinsauthor) is an economist who has advised the World Bank, United Nations, Fortune 500 corporations, and the US government. He is the author of The New Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.
What We Discuss with John Perkins:
- How corporations and governments use economic hit men (like John in a previous life) to coerce developing countries to auction off their most valuable resources like rainforests, oil, and mines at bargain-basement prices.
- Why these predatory capitalist policies are commonplace and above scrutiny -- even though your tax dollars are massively subsidizing them.
- The dire consequences that transpire when the leaders of these developing nations refuse to play ball.
- How false economics, false promises, threats, bribes, extortion, debt, deception, coups, assassinations, and unbridled military power are used to dominate the developing world now more than ever before.
- What John has learned from his time inside this corrupt system that we can use to transform what he calls a Death Economy into a Life Economy.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/416
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!