418: This Man…This Monster!
DISCUSSED: Top o' the Morling!; praise for the home release of Spider-Verse; Dan and Merlin offer some more TV recommendations; Merlin endorses an excellent "turns out" podcast; a deep dive on slow-rise squishes and related stress toys; Merlin wears his childhood privilege on his sleeve.
Finally, the guys answer an excellent listener question about the complex work of maintaining a household with someone you love.
Links for this episode:
- Ungainly X-Mann Meetup #25 — Merlin Mann
MERLIN MANN (Back to Work, Roderick on the Line, Reconcilable Differences, Do By Friday, You Look Nice Today, et al.) invites you to drop by Two Cats Comics on the evening of Thursday, March 21st to hang out, talk about comics, and just say, “Hi.” It's free and it's fun.
- You're Wrong About... — Overcast
Returning to misremembered history
- PEN15 - Wikipedia
- Love Death + Robots Trailer: David Fincher Presents Animated Anthology | IndieWire
- Stranger Danger — You're Wrong About... — Overcast
- Amazon.com: TrimakeShop Jumbo Cute Cartoon Dinosaur T-Rex Kawaii Cream Scented Squishies Very Slow Rising Kids Toys Doll Gift Fun Collection Stress Relief Toy Hop Props, Decorative Props Large: Gateway
- Amazon.com: AIKEMI Easter 6.5'' Slow Rising Squishies Slice Jumbo Soft Rainbow Sheep Cream Scented Squeeze Hand Wrist Gifts (Sheep): Toys & Games
- Pomodoro Technique - Wikipedia
- Reconcilable Differences #98: You’re Killing Your Father - Relay FM
John has a mental model about how the TV remotes flow, but no one seems very interested. Unsurprisingly, this leads to the airing of household grievances.Can't we just always have the flaps face the same way? Shouldn't we just stack the forks here in the forks area? Why is Daisy leaving caltrops in the hallway? Does a child's backpack really need to extend seventeen feet? Can we please just leave some space that accommodates the snack bags? Do we really need all this toothpaste?
- Question from Listener Sophie