42: Nuances of motion in interface design with Saptarshi Prakash
Today I have Saptarshi Prakash with us on Audiogyan. He is a Designer | Traveller | Speaker | Teacher | Engineer | Manager.
- Can we start by just listing few cool, subtle yet noticeable occurrences of motion design used in interfaces? Also if you can list some analog world instances which have inspired online world? This could be either your work or generic like the Breathe app of Apple Watch. This will help set the context.
- What is the importance of Physics in making motion for interface. To my knowledge, angry birds is one such game which illustrates importance of physics. Similarly is there any app or digital product which uses Motion effectively? What all elements have been used for motion? For eg: accelerometer sensor and what all is not used so far or can be used effectively.
- Motion has been long used in Games. In fact game’s progress and genre is defined by it’s speed and movement. Is motion used in interface design fundamentally different? Can you share any insights about what is so different about motion used in games as opposed to UI. Also if you can give us some examples of how different speed settings evoke different actions and so on… I am afraid you have to use well known examples due to the audio medium :)
- What all things are achieved through motion - for eg: Delight, Feedback etc... Why is motion becoming so critical in today’s time? If you can share any particular case study from Swiggy which has improved business or user experience?
- I have done a lot of interviews with animators and the insight which I got it, movement is sign of life. What are your thoughts around it?
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store