423. The Science of Meditation with Emily Fletcher
In the first episode dedicated to the science of meditation, Lindsey and Krista connect with grounded guru and renowned meditation teacher, Emily Fletcher, (who’s had 50,000 students and counting). She’s also the founder of Ziva Meditation.
Emily delivers some serious science mic drops in the conversation as she dispels meditation myths that encourage the eye-roll response from naysayers when you say, “meditation changed your life.” The facts can’t be swept under the mediation cushion anymore because this s*** actually affects your brain chemistry and has been scientifically proven to turn you into a productive powerhouse.
Almost 30 decodes the cognitive benefits of meditation and how leaning into the practice can help you process your feelings (ugly crying included), listen to nature’s signals, and manifest from your highest, most present self.
We also talk about:
- Her breakdown in Broadway to her breakthrough in India
- Myths around meditation
- How meditation impacts the physical body
- Productivity and meditation
- Meditation, manifestation, and the in-between
- Toxic positivity and surrendering to your feelings
- Meditating for the collective
- Personal challenges
Find more to love at almost30.com!
- She’s Birdie | 15% off at shesbirdie.com/almost30
- Monday.com | Sign up for a free two-week trial at monday.com
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp.
- Dipsea | Get a 30 day free trial when you go to dipseastories.com/ALMOST30
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media