424: Erik Van Horn | Franchise Secrets
Erik Van Horn is a franchising specialist and expert in multi-unit, semi-absentee business ownership.
From franchisee to regional developer, and investor to consultant, Erik has worn many hats over the last two decades. His diverse experience has provided him unique insight into the challenging aspects of the industry.
Unlike many other franchising pundits, Erik practices what he preaches, and is still an active franchise entrepreneur. He has owned 6 brands in 8 states, and isn’t done yet with 30 more locations in the works. But more than expanding his businesses, Erik has a passion for helping people. That’s why he has helped 1,000 people (and counting) find great opportunities that meet their lifestyle goals, so they can find the same freedom through franchising that he enjoys.
- Erik talks about how he went from working as a landscaper to transitioning into real estate.
- Hear about the first big business mistake that Erik made.
- Travis and Erik discuss the pros and cons of being a franchisee.
- Learn how to find the right business partner.
3 Key Points:
- When you find an opportunity, look for a way to make it work.
- Don’t grow too fast.
- Find partners to help you get started.
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group