432: Feras Moussa | Why You Should Invest in Real Estate
Feras Moussa is an entrepreneur at heart with a tech background. Feras graduated from the University of Texas with a Computer Science degree, and worked at Microsoft straight from college. Feras later quit Microsoft to ‘bring tech to industries that lack it’, where he later found his passion for real estate. Feras quickly built a portfolio of rentals, completing 9 closings in his first 12 months. After having seen the results of rentals, Feras later decided to scale up into apartment complexes, where he met Ben Suttles and started Disrupt Equity, a company focused on multi-family acquisition and investments for investors, and in doing so, help leverage his strengths in tech to better identify quality investments for investors. Feras has helped raise millions of dollars for multifamily syndication.
On This Episode:
- Feras talks about his takeaways from his time at Microsoft.
- Hear how Feras transitioned from software to real estate.
- Travis and Feras discuss when you should invest yourself vs hiring someone to invest for you.
- Learn how networking helped Feras through his investing career.
- Have a plan when switching your careers.
- You have to own your niché before you can scale.
- Go to meetups, read, and educate yourself on the realities of investing.
Disrupt Equity: https://www.disruptequity.com/
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group