433: Kelley Earnhardt Miller | How to Win in Business and Life
In Drive, Kelley Earnhardt Miller, daughter of Dale Earnhardt Sr. and sister to Dale Jr., opens up about growing up in the world of NASCAR, sharing the lessons she learned about being a successful business leader and what she discovered, often the hard way, about winning in life.
Kelley never felt she was winning at anything until she began to deal with the thoughts and feelings that were driving her decisions and taking her in the wrong direction. Her journey of transformation is what empowered her to run the family business in an entirely different way than she had previously and to lead people not only with her head but also with her heart.
On This Episode:
- Kelley shares what it was like growing up with a celebrity athlete for a father.
- Learn how Kelley decided what career to pursue.
- Travis & Kelley discuss parenting advice.
- Get a sneak peak at Kelley’s new book, Drive.
- Take responsibility for your own success.
- Don’t throw around empty threats.
- Educate yourself before you try to network with someone.
- “Lead from the heart.”
- “If your decisions are coming from the heart, you’re probably making some really good decisions.”
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group