434: Chris Kawaja | How to Master the Skill of Learning
Chris Kawaja holds his BA from Stanford University and MBA with High Distinction from Harvard Business School.
Chris spent the early years of his career on Wall Street (Goldman Sachs and Bridgewater Associates, the world's largest hedge fund), where he developed his skeptical eye towards traditional financial advice. He developed his unique investing outlook for his own personal portfolio and he now owns a variety of assets ranging from e-commerce businesses to legal settlements, to real estate. He is the owner of the e-commerce business BigChill.com and the founder and author of Upwarding.com where he discusses topics ranging from mindfulness to crowdfunding.
On This Episode:
- Chris talks about the benefits of his geeky childhood.
- Travis and Chris discuss the importance of travel.
- Hear some of Chris’ big takeaways from his time on Wall Street.
- Learn how to properly network.
- Have a genuine curiosity about people.
- Be willing to share your knowledge and the who you know will come.
- If you’re going to reach out to someone, find a way to be helpful to them.
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group