436: Dave Cote | Former Honeywell CEO Talks Leadership
As Chairman and CEO of the industrial giant Honeywell over 16 years, David Cote grew the company's market capitalization from around $20 billion to nearly $120 billion, delivering returns of 800 percent and beating the S&P by nearly two and a half times.
Currently, David is Executive Chairman of Vertiv Holdings Co, a global data center products and services provider. He is a member of the Aspen Economic Strategy Group and on the Boards of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Conference of Montreal.
On This Episode:
- Dave shares about his childhood in a French-Canadian enclave in New Hampshire.
- Learn how David avoided committing to 6 years on a nuclear submarine in the Navy.
- Hear about Dave’s career as a “troublemaker.”
- Travis and Dave discuss the importance of aptitude.
- Dave talks about the unique role that travel played in his development.
- Follow Dave’s unorthodox journey from employee to CEO.
- Find a way to educate yourself without taking on debt.
- Hard work doesn’t always pay off. If you’re working on the wrong thing, it’s never going to pay off.
- Get to all the facts before you express your opinions.
- The higher up you go, the less you know.
- You have to accomplish both short-term and long-term results.
Pick up a copy of Dave Cote's Book: https://amzn.to/2WenbdR
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group