436. $150 B Industry: Child Sex Trafficking and Exploitation
This episode is a hard pill to swallow, but sex trafficking is too important of an issue for “Almost 30” – or anyone else – to sweep under the rug. This is not a drill: modern slavery, sex trafficking, and organ harvesting are rampant worldwide.
This week’s guest, Tim Ballard, has dedicated the past 20 years to infiltrating the rings where this unimaginable level of abuse happens. Today he talks about his organization, Operation Underground Railroad, and their mission to crush a 150 billion dollar industry, saving one child at a time.
In addition, he reflects on his years working for the US government and educates the audience on how they can help a cause that’s so hard to get your head around. Shedding innocence is as challenging as it is gut-wrenching, but K + L hope this enlightening conversation is a step in the right direction.
You can watch Tim Ballard’s recent Emmy-nominated documentary, “Operation Toussaint,” on Amazon Prime.
We also talk about:
- His political backstory and why he left the US government to work privately
- How sex trafficking has been politized and the detrimental consequences
- Following leads and building relationships
- The organ harvesting industry
- How the pandemic has affected sex trafficking
- Internet, social media, and the porn industry
- What is happening on US soil
- Keeping the faith
Find more to love at almost30.com!
- She’s Birdy | 15% off at shesbirdie.com/almost30
- Vitruvi | Use code “ALMOST30” for 20% off products on vitruvi.com and vitruvi.ca
- Deux | Use code “ALMOST30” for 20% off on eatdeux.com
- Arrae | Use code “ALMOST30” for 10% off on arrae.com
- Kitty Poo Club | Visit kittypooclub.com and enter promo code “ALMOST30” to get 20% off when you set up auto-ship
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting https://almost30.com/disclaimer