438: Rich Goldstein | A Talk about Trademarks
While most patent attorneys do not work with individual inventors, Rich Goldstein has built a career on working with both individual inventors and start-up companies.
His approach includes listening to and understanding their goals and needs.
- Providing custom-tailored representation.
- Offering specific guidance to keep their project moving toward their individual goals.
- He has given critical advice to more than 10,000 inventors, and has obtained nearly 2,000 patents for his clients.
He has educated thousands more about the patent process through his seminars, educational videos, and best selling book: The ABA Consumer Guide to Obtaining a Patent.
He also works directly with executives to help them make effective decisions to protect their IP, meet their business goals, and leverage the value of what they have already created.
Rich regularly attends a wide variety of entrepreneurship and innovation events and actively explores new ways to help his clients achieve their business and personal goals.
On This Episode:
- Rich shares about growing up as a nerdy kid in school back in the 1980’s.
- Rich discusses studying engineering in college, but then pivoting into law school.
- Learn the mistakes to avoid and steps to take when scaling a business.
- Hear an explanation of the differences between patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- If you don’t know where the clients are going to come from, you don’t know where the revenue is going to come from.
- You have to talk to a lot of potential clients to find the ones who will say yes.
- Relationships are the foundation of accomplishment.
- "People like people who are like them and people like people who like them."
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group