439: Jeff Madoff | Philosophy and Relationships
B. Jeffrey Madoff is the founder of Madoff Productions, based in New York City. His company produces branded content for major brands such as Ralph Lauren, Radio City Music Hall, Harvard School for Public Health, and the American Academy of Dramatic Arts to name a few.
Madoff began his career as a fashion designer. He was chosen one of the top 10 designers in the U.S. then switched careers to film and video production. He has since expanded his reach to include teaching, book and playwriting, and theatrical producing.
He has written and is producing a play based on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend, Lloyd Price. Its world premiere will be at People's Light Theater in May of 2021.
Madoff is an adjunct professor at Parsons School for Design. A book about his class, entitled "Creative Careers: Making a Living with Your Ideas", was published by Hachette Book Group.
Madoff graduated from the University of Wisconsin, Madison with a double major in Philosophy and Psychology and was on the wrestling team until he realized he was not going to become a professional. He academic studies prepared him for a career as a sage, but the wisdom factories were not hiring when he left school.
On This Episode:
- Jeff discusses his unique college experience being a wrestler while also studying philosophy and psychology.
- Hear practical lessons from Jeff’s experience operating a boutique clothing brand.
- Learn how Jeff ended up beginning a film career and meeting Dennis Hopper.
- Everything we’ve done informs who we are and what we will do.
- What you believe is defined on a daily basis.
- Put goodwill out in the universe, even if you don’t know how it’s going to come back to you.
- The law of reciprocity always has your back. – Travis Chappell
- The difference between stupid and ignorant is stupid’s forever. – Jeff Madoff
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group