44: Form, substance and tech with Tej Chauhan
Today I have Tej Chauhan with us Audiogyan. Tej is known for emotive industrial design. He believes that every object has the potential to elicit joy through form, colour and texture, regardless of brand position or production budget. He combines his unique visual approach with production efficiency to create products that resonate with broad audiences and deliver true value and differentiation for brands. He is based in London.
We will try and document his thoughts on form, material and technology.
- Why do you think an unconscious objects need emotive form?
- Which is the most versatile material you have dealt with so far? Why? Can material itself be emotive? If you can share any examples?
- Does it mean that if form, colour and texture are dealt well, it’s a great industrial product? Are there any more parameters which you have learnt over time or thought about it? With new age tech, are there any new dimensions being added?
- Today, how do you perceive technology that enables you to make these beautiful expressive objects? Because just at the beginning of Industrial revolution, objects were flat with straight lines and simple shapes due to it’s constraints. What has changed now that has helped you making product which bring joy to consumers and what do you think the future is going to be like?
- In one of your interviews you mentioned, one of your inspirations is Stanley Kubrick. Why? Does any aspect of him reflect in your work? If yea, how? :)
We are recording this backstage of Kyoorius Designyatra 2019
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store