44: Setting Boundaries with Loved Ones
"Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves, even when we risk disappointing others." -Brene Brown
Why is it so hard to set boundaries with our relatives? Why is it important to set these boundaries?
On today's episode I welcome Jenny Mehrer. She is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (On Instagram as @jennywestmehrerlmft) who joins me to talk about boundary setting with our loved ones.
- Why we have difficulty setting boundaries with loved ones
- Why lack of boundary setting can cause friction in families
- Why lack of boundary setting can cause behavioral issues in children
- First steps in creating boundaries
- How we can communicate to our parents who differ in various parenting philosophies
- How to create boundaries during the holidays and surrounding COVID precautions
Tune in for this very important episode. Follow @jennywestmehrerlmft and @pedsdoctalk to continue the conversation!