441: Mike Michalowicz | Profit is the Priority
By his 35th birthday MIKE MICHALOWICZ (pronounced mi-'kal-o-wits) had founded and sold two multi-million dollar companies.
Confident that he had the formula to success, he became a small business angel investor… and proceeded to lose his entire fortune. Then he started all over again, driven to find better ways to grow healthy, strong companies. Mike has devoted his life to the research and delivery of innovative, impactful entrepreneurial strategies to you.
Mike is the creator of Profit First, which is used by hundreds of thousands of companies across the globe to drive profit. He is the creator of Clockwork, a powerful method to make any business run on automatic. And his latest, arguably most impactful discovery, is Fix This Next. In Fix This Next, Mike details the strategy businesses can use to determine what to do, in what order, to ensure healthy, fast, permanent growth (and avoid debilitating distractions).
Today, Mike leads two new multi-million-dollar ventures, as he tests his latest business research for his books. He is a former small business columnist for The Wall Street Journal and business makeover specialist on MSNBC. Mike is a popular main stage keynote speaker on innovative entrepreneurial topics; and is the author of Fix This Next, Clockwork, Profit First, Surge, The Pumpkin Plan and The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur.
Fabled author, Simon Sinek deemed Mike Michalowicz "…the top contender for the patron saint of entrepreneurs."
On This Episode:
- Mike discusses how he developed the entrepreneurial itch.
- Learn the importance of delayed gratification.
- Mike explains why profit should be your priority.
- Take your profit first.
- Emotion trumps logic.
- Do good things with no expectation.
- “Don’t drink your way to starting a business.”
- “Small business is not the back bone of the economy – it IS the economy.”
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group