450: Angela Lauria | Scaling to $15 Million/Year with Books
Dr. Angela E. Lauria is the founder of The Author Incubator™ and creator of the Difference Process™ for writing a book that matters. She is the author of the bestselling book The Difference: 10 Steps to Writing a Book that Matters and The Incubated Author: 10 Steps to Start a Movement with Your Message.
On This Episode:
- Angela shares how she found her escape from an unhappy childhood at the library and how she wrote her first book at 13.
- Find out how music led Angela to be interested in activism.
- Hear how Angela got her first job as a research assistant in 1994, leading to 17-19 years as a freelance ghost-writer and marketer.
- Angela explains how she brought on several clients, worked every second she was awake, but still struggled to make good money.
- Create clarity about exactly what you do for people. Don’t make your buyer do the work.
- Your business model predetermines your outcome.
- You have to know your strengths to network effectively.
- “When you only eat when you earn and you only earn when you produce, you find out what works and what doesn’t very quickly.”
- A Return to Love: https://amzn.to/30ZjBam
- Visit Travis’ website at travischappell.com
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group travischappell.com/group